Friday, 7 March 2008

Photo post 2

This is the 2nd of of the 3 items I have recently cast on. This Noro Designer Mini Knits booklet is new out this spring and I am knitting 'Design 23'


I can't wear really thick, chunky woollies due to generally being too warm because of the dreaded hormones and 'that time of my life' - the awful menopause. So I have lots of (bought) little short sleeved, short bodied woollies, so of which are beginning to have seen better days which is why I'am knitting some new ones, although yesterday I decided it might be useful to have one thick, chunky woollie to wear over my little woolies when I don't want to wear a coat (I am not keen on coats)


This design should be knitted in Noro Cash Iroho but I am doing it in Noro Silk Garden, colourway 211. I love the way it is knitting up but I am finding quite hard on my hands. Since I spend 10 hours driving on Wednesday going to Surrey Uni with SofM my hands are really bad so I am not touching it at present and am working on the item I posted about yesterday. I probably won't wear it until the back end of the year anyway as I will find it too warm !




1 comment:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I have stopped taking my HRT because of the impending op so I can sympathise with you and the hot symptoms. I thought I was well past the dreaded menopause but no mother nature always has a trick or two up here sleeve. My friend complains all of the time that my house is too cold.