Sunday, 3 February 2008

Bits & pieces!

Yes, I know I said I would post again and show photos over a week ago, then real life gets in the way and before I know it a week has gone by. I have a day off again tomorrow so I will try to take photos of what I have been up to in the last week or two, in between food shopping and trying to sort washing and a Scout group account at the building society.

I am knitting, I keep knitting a few rows of the green tunic, vesty thing. I am also knitting a Rowan waistcoat in Cotton Jeans that I got in Hobbycraft's sale. I was well pleased with this yarn, £1.90 instead of £3.60ish. The only problem is that the back of this waistcoat is knitted in moss stitch and I hate knitting moss stitch so I cast it on and just do a few rows when I feel like it, that way I'll get it done without too much angst.

I've also picked up my cross stitch again. I have about 7-8 fairly big WIPs and one of them is Lanarte's Spring flowers. I've done about a third of it and this week I have managed about 6-7 square cm which I am pretty pleased about.

I am also getting into some other crafty activity that I am keeping to myself at present. One of the reasons I am keeping this to myself is that I haven't been able to work on it since I was on holiday because any spare time I've had I've used for card making for work. Honestly!! work is getting in the way of my crafting, it's just not good enough!! I just won't mention that if i didn't work I couldn't afford the crafting equipment.

1 comment:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I have the opposite trouble. Plenty of time to craft (in between dog walks, water aerobics etc) and just a pension for the materials so keep working and save your pennies for your retirement days of crafting still to come! I think that manage to craft a lot considering that you work, scout and a miriad other things.