Wednesday, 9 January 2008

The Study!!!



If you have been following my blog since conception back in August last year you will be aware that I spent part of my summer holiday tidying up the study. Well!! I've had to do it again. It hasn't been anywhere near as bad but it got in a mess from Christmas card making etc.


This photo shows the computer end of the room which I consider the Oh! Bearded One's end. All the paper work you can see is his scouting stuff. He wasa supposed to have tidied this up when I did the rest of the room in the summer but it doesn't look much different!

This bit has been tidied up. On Monday you couldn't get to the chest of drawers for various bags of 'stuff' on the floor which I have now got rid of.
this space isn't really big enough for the both of us which is why I have my eye on Sof M's bedroom once he has left home for university later in the year. Then I can spread out more and the Oh! Bearded One can have all his papers in one place. As I type he is in the loft looking for some papers he wants but he can't find them.



This side of the room holds my work desk, shelving that we both share. The bottom shelf is exclusively mine for crafting bits.
This photo also shows my old Bernia sewing machine which I continue to use. My Mum bought for me for my 18th birthday nearly 30 years ago. The machine works quite well except the shuttle filling mechanism finally broke yesterday. I heard something go clunk. I am going to put it in for a service very soon and get this bit repaired.


2 comments:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Oh Bearded One is not the only one with a desk like that. My PC is very similar. I mean where else do you keep paperwork that has to be dealt with? I have tried being more organised and tidy but then I just lose the hospital appt letters or forget to pay bills. Considering I tidied the desk when I had the new PC installed I am amazed how untidy it has become in the short time since. Surely someone else must be using my desk? My craft corner is tidy at the moment but only because I did it yesterday. Give it a day or two!

Kathy Wajerski said...

I don't have a separate craft room so all my stuff is hidden in nooks and crannies all over the house. The computer side of thing takes over the dining room and is one of the first things you see when you walk in the door.

I need to organize but it never stays that way.

No incentive here. :-)