Wednesday, 9 January 2008

Socks B£$%&* socks!




As you know I seem to have a love, hate relationship with knitting socks.





This sock is the sock I took to the family 'do' in Wiltshire between Christmas & New Year.





It has been ripped once as it wasn't wide enough for Sof M's ankle and now I am debating how long the cuff should be. I need to pin Sof M down


to be able to work this out.





I love the yarn which is Regia Design line, I bought this in John Lewis.





I love the way the stipes are knitting up and it knits beautifully and the stitches are very even. I just hope Sof M likes them when they are finished.



These socks have been the bane of my life but they will not defeat me as I like the yarn too much. I am knitting these for me, to wear with my hiking boots when I going walking.

The right one has been knitted up at least 3 times now and the foot is still not long enough. The left one is OK so far but I am not holding my breath.
















This yarn is Cygnet 4ply 75% wool, 25% polyamide, again bought from John Lewis.

I thought I might try top up patterned socks with it, one pair for DD and one pair for myself.












I have finally finished this post. I've had awful problems with it, I have had to do it 3 times, I kept deleting the photos. I don't like the way Blogger loads them, I can never put them where I want them and have to think about the order I upload them so they are in sequence.

1 comment:

Kathy Wajerski said...

That's what I really dislike about blogger. I would love to insert the pictures into the text instead of at the beginning and then have to manipulate the text around it.

I get my order wrong frequently, though, and sometimes have to walk away from the computer to avoid putting my foot through the monitor.