Thursday, 22 November 2007

Scouter's meeting

I went to a Scout Leaders meeting tonight. This a meeting of all the leaders in my Scout group, where we discuss plans for the future, equipment purchases, programmes etc. I took me knitting.

I don't think I will be converting my Cub leader to knitting any time soon, she looked at me as if i was growing horns. She has known me a while but I don't think she knew I knitted so she found it strange to see me knit and even stranger that I was knitting socks1 Her comment was 'it's easier to buy them'. My assistant Beaver leader knows I knit and her comment was ' you always knit socks at this time of year', she saw my first effort last year. I will haveto take my knitting more often so they all get used to it, my Cub leader might even see the purpose of it.

To all you Americans - Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a lovely day!

3 comments:

Kathy Wajerski said...

I bring my knitting to church for coffee hour afterwards. We have a lot of craft-oriented people there including our priest who knits and spins so I don't generate any real comments other than interest in what I'm knitting. I've seen women embroidering and sewing during coffee hour.

I would probably knit in meetings if I attended any. I just hate to sit and not be doing something with my hands.

Needles said...

Oh do, keep knitting. I don't know what age your scouts are, but I learned at Brownies when I was a tiny thing of 8 or 9. My niece learned even younger. If only I'd have kept knitting...

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Definitely keep on knitting, spread the word. It shows the youngsters that it is OK to be an individual and to be able to hand make things to their own designs and colours. The lady who said it was easier to buy socks obviously has no artistic streak and prefers to look like the masses. I would hate it if I looked exactly the same as everyone else. Individuality is the key!