Saturday, 17 November 2007

Knitting & Stitching show

Next weekend is the Knitting & Stitching show in Harrogate. I am going on the Sunday with DD and Cellostitcher. I am really looking forward to it, I have never been to this particular show. Cellostitcher goes every year.

I am hoping to buy some sock wool and a portable light for my bedside table as I do a lot of knitting in bed, our current lights are not really bright enough so I struggle. I have found as I have got older I can't focus on fine detail in dim light, even with my glasses on, which is why I don't cross stitch by electric light anymore.

I'm told there isn't much in the way of paper products so I won't be buying much for my card making but you never know what I may find that I am able to use. If there are some lovely fabrics I may be tempted by those. I used to be a good dress maker, I even took a CSE in it at school and got a grade 1. I haven't made anything in fabric to wear for a very long time. These days my sewing machine tends to get used to make curtains, blinds and to take up the Oh! Bearded One's trousers and jeans ( he has short legs!)

1 comment:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I am glad someone else has the same problem as me. I was blaming my not being able to see on these new energy saving lightbulbs! I used to be able to do fine work using just a reading lamp now my house has to look like Blackpool illuminations specially when I am crocheting black! I have even resorted to the easy threading needles when sewing buttons on as there is no way I can thread an ordinary fine sewing needle despite magnifying glasses. Ah the joys of growing older, it's makes your eyes grow dim!