Monday, 26 November 2007

Knitting & Stitching show x 2

We went to the Knitting & Stitching show yesterday and really enjoyed ourselves. There were 3 halls of stalls and exhibitions which was a crafters' dream and Harrogate looked so beautiful at night with the Christmas lights all lit up.

I was slightly disappointed that there weren't more knitting stalls but never the less the stalls that were there were good. There was Hipknits, Web of Wool, Pava yarns and Knit 'n' Caboodle and several other stalls whose yarns weren't really what I wanted at present.

Knit 'n' Caboodle did especially well out of me. I bought 4-5 balls of sock yarn and the cutest little 28cm circular needle for knitting socks with. I love this needle so much I have plans to order some more on line in different sizes.

From Hipknits I bought 2 lovely skeins of yarn which I will photograph and show you some other time.

DD and Cellostitcher bought lots of thready and fabricy goodness for the type of work they do - see their blogs for their work. They both want me to have a go at the sort of things they do which I would love to do when we have time to get together so they can give me some ideas.

We decided next year we would like to go up to Harrogate on the Saturday, do some Christmas shopping, stay overnight and then do the show on the Sunday. I really like that idea and I hope it comes off. I also plan to go to Woolfest and I am hoping Cellostitcher will go with me.

Today my friend, Lizet, came round for coffee and a bit of lunch. It was nice to see her and her daughter as I haven't seen her for a couple of weeks.

Tonight I've been cardmaking like mad as we have a bit of a Christmas fair at work on Saturday and I am starting to sell the Christmas cards from then.

1 comment:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

It sounds as though you had a good time at the show. It's a pity there weren't more wool stalls there. I used to go in the good old days when there was so much to choose from that I left not only with a mind overflowing with ideas, bucket loads of wool and patterns, and of course an extremely empty wallet. I used to go to Harrogate for the wool trade shows. They were a sight to behold. Fashion shows and sneak previews of the yarn for the next season. Freebie samples (I used to live for those) I know they say your mind plays tricks as you get older and you remember things better than they actually were but those trade shows were magnificent. The manufacturers are mostly all gone these days )as are the stockists) so I can never see an event like that ever happening again.