Sunday, 11 November 2007

Crochet, cards & baby news



Have you knitted with this yarn? Did you like it?

It is Sirdar Snowflake DK, it is made in chunky too.

I hate it. It is tight on the needles, it has no stretch.

The pattern asked for size 3mm to make the small snowmen (see below) but the yarn was so tight, the stitches wouldn't slide on the needles at all.



I was trying to knit these with it but I gave up as a bad job but I might have another go with different size. It won't matter, they will just come out a bigger size.









As you will be aware I have been card making for work like mad. I am going to have to make more baby cards this week. This afternoon, when I went into work, I didn't even get one baby card on the stand before it had been bought.

Here are some examples

A baby card, using my Cuttlebug and peel offs.







A birthday card, using punches, scrapbook papers, brads, peel offs and ribbon.
















Another birthday card using decoupage and scrapbook paper.















As you will also be aware not a lot of knitting has been going on in this house but some crochet has.

This is my version of a prayer shawl. The stitch is taken from a little crochet cardi I'm doing which is currently hibernating. It is being done in Sirdar Denim DK, shade 0645

This shawl is going to be for me but I have got my eye on some other yarn to use for others that I will give away.





This is a close up of the stitch I'm using.











Other news - the nurse that had a baby and has pneumonia, is now on a ward so is getting better slowly. The baby is still un-named. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Cellostitcher said...

My Mum knitted with this wool some years ago. She knitted the snowman from 'The Snowman' with it and I seem to remember her struggling. The Snowman eventually turned out fine though!

I hope the new Mum is doing ok. It is such a shame to be ill at what should be one of the happiest times of your life. I do hope everything goes well for her and baby.