Thursday, 15 November 2007

Bedsocks!

I have been knitting this week.

I have finished the first baby cardigan except for buttons and the next one is started, the back is complete and one of the fronts is started.

At the weekend I had a play on Ebay and won a old Sirdar pattern for bedsocks (if you keep up with me, you will know I want to knit bedsocks for some of my residents). Yesterday I received the pattern in the post. On this pattern there are 2 different types of bed socks and a pair of bedroom slippers. The bedroom slippers would be really useful for a resident who is chair bound, very frail and would be better with something really soft on their feet (some residents lose the ability to keep ordinary shoes and slippers on their feet).

Yesterday I started one of the bedsocks with Rowan Calmer (previously bought for socks for DD but couldn't master pattern). It knitted up a dream but I don't have enough of that yarn so it was frogged until further yarn supplies are acquired but at least I have now found a workable pattern.

1 comment:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

The pattern sounds like the one I have. I have made the slippers many times. Have you ever looked on the DROPS Garnstudio web site? They have lots of free knit and crochet patterns including some very warm looking boot type slippers. Let me know if you can;t find the site and I will send you the link.
The Knitting Noras from Bolton are organising a trip to your favourite Fibre and Clay shop for the 24th Nov. They are leaving Bolton around 10am so will decend on the shop en masse probably around 11am. I won't be with them but they are an enthusiastic bunch of ladies if you get to meet them. Tell the shop owner to stand by her tills and she owes you commision as I mentioned it to the group after reading your blog and they decided to go after seeing the web link for the shop!
I know it's very short notice but I got told The Knitting Group will be raising money for Children in Need by
knitting around Manchester city centre on Saturday 17th November from
10am until 6pm. Come and join in for the whole day or join us at any
point. The aim is not only to keep knitting for this length of time
whilst people hopefully donate money into out big bucket, but to get
members of the public to join in and learn how to knit. A stash of
needles and wool will be with us at all times. EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

START - 10am, in the Corner House cafe. 11am - Kro2 12pm - Library
Theater 1pm - Manchester Art Gallery 1.30pm - China Town 2pm - Albert
Square 3pm- Urbis gardens 4pm - Manchester Craft Center FINISH 5pm -
6pm Odd Bar ( Thomas street, Northern Quarter)about this yesterday