Thursday, 4 October 2007

Hands up!!


Hands up if you are blogging and doing something else at the same time. It is a well known fact that if you are woman you can multi-task so I bet you are blogging and doing something else at the same time. What are you doing? If it is rude I don't want to know!!! I am knitting a sock.
I am fascinated by knitting socks at present. You might remember these (above), they were my first attempt. They were knitted in Opal yarn from Angel yarns free pattern. They were knitted cuff down. Last night I cast on a toe up sock - Bluebell from issue 9 Knit Today, also in Opal sock yarn but I don't like it although Daughter Dear does!! I am hopeful that this pattern will be suitable to knit bed socks for some of my residents (they are needed where a resident has poor circulation). It is knitted in Rowan Calmer on 4mm DPs.
Tonight, after work, I nipped into Fibre & Clay in Knutsford (becoming one of my favorite places) and bought some Debbie Bliss Rialto which knits to a similar tension as Calmer. I've cast on with it and it so much nicer than the Opal sock yarn. I have an idea that a resident won't get a look in, Daughter Dear will have this pair, she rather likes the pattern and yarn.
I know, I know I'm casting on more than I am casting off but I promise I am working at other things as well, I have finished the back of my Sirdar Peru jacket and have started a sleeve and I'm half way up my Nero felted bag. With knowing you are out there wanting to know what is what I will be finishing some of these things, I promise!

4 comments:

Kathy Wajerski said...

I'm knitting on a prayer shawl while blogging. Most times, though I have to hold my dog. He's like a baby and insists on being held when I blog.

I love the socks. I need to start getting things off the needle faster than I put them on as well. I just cast on another project last night. sigh

Cellostitcher said...

Love the socks.

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I am still trying to work out how you knit and blog at the same time. I can read blogs and knit but I haven't worked out how to type with my toes or nose! I passed on the info about the Knutsford shop to my knitting group the Knitting Noras of Bolton and they are planning a trip over there as a bit of a day out very soon. You should mention to the owner that your blog is drawing custom to her door. Maybe you could get a discount next time you shop?

Jan

Lizet said...

The socks are lovely. And I am very familiar with the multi tasking thing too. Here also a few things that need finishing.