Saturday, 22 September 2007

Saturday Fantasy

I had my fantasy Saturday morning this morning.

Son of mine works as a kitchen assistant at my work on a Saturday. He is currently learning to drive so as the Oh! Bearded One is down in Bristol for work I sacrificed my lie in and sat with Son of Mine whilst he drove to work. As I was going to work anyway I spend an hour and a half doing some paperwork that needs doing for next week. Then I started my fantasy Saturday morning.

My work is about 5 miles away from the centre of Knutsford which is a pretty town in the heart of Cheshire. I had spotted a advert in a knitting mag for a yarn shop in Knutsford so I took the opportunity to look for it. It was worth the search. It is called Fibre & Clay and it is on King Street although apparently it moves to Minshull Street in about 3 weeks time. As well as being a yarn shop there is a gallery for artists working in many mediums, not only in fibre. I spent a lovely hour looking at patterns & yarn and plotting & scheming projects. Of course I couldn't possibly NOT buy yarn. I bought some Noro Kureyon to knit a Booga bag, I also bought Debbie Bliss's Donegal Tweed book to knit 'Killybegs'.

Once I finished in the yarn shop I had coffee & a cake and then a good browse around Waterstones, which in Knutsford is a very new shop, it wasn't there last time I went into Knutsford. I bought a book for the Oh! Bearded One for Chridtmas. I'm not saying want just in case he sees this blog.

Oh!!! I did enjoy my Saturday morning, I must do it again soon but not too soon as I can't afford to spend any more money on stash.

2 comments:

Cellostitcher said...

Sounds like the ideal Saturday morning. So envious you have got Noro Kureyon for Booga Bag have been wanting to get same for myself for a while now and am turning green with envy! Fi here at moment reading your blog and she says you sound like a pusher saying 'my stash' at end of blog. I must visit yarn shop in Knutsford - at last a good thing about working there! Jan x

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

After reading your account of the yarn shop and following the link I have to agree that is sounds like a wonderful place to visit but I think I would be like a kid in a sweet shop so perhaps I should save up first ! I was positively drooling at the photos of the shop and then you tell me that Knutsford has a Waterstones as well. I will definitely have to leave the credit card at home when I visit ! - Jan