Thursday, 20 September 2007

Naughty, naughty

I found myself in the yarn shop in Northwich, completely by accident!!! honest!!!

What had happened was that I had a hair appointment at 3.15pm or so I thought but when I got to the hairdressers I found that the girl who had booked the appointment over the phone yesterday wrote down Friday at 3.15 but told me Thursday instead. They were very good and fitted me in but I had to go away and go back half an hour later. I used the time up by going into town, so that is how I found myself in the yarn shop. Thet is my excuse and I am sticking to it!!

I went in for an extra ball of yarn for my 'little crochet cardi' as I am sure I will run out of yarn. I also wanted some yarn to crochet a prayer shawl. I am going to use the same pattern as the crochet cardi (see photo in previous post) as I really like and I think it lends its' self to a prayer shawl, it is also very easy to do.

The yarn shop always has lovely window displays of tempting things to knit and today was no exception. There was a Sirdar pattern for a cardigan in their new 'Peru' yarn, it was knitted in one of my favorite colours so I couldn't resist pricing up the yarn and looking at the colours the yarn comes in. I was going to just buy the pattern but it was the last one in the shop and I could only have it if I bought the yarn, well! I couldn't not buy it, could I?

I am now half way up the back, on the second ball of yarn (pics to follow). It is very simple, in stocking stitch with long sleeves and cut away on the fronts. The yarn makes it special. I should get it finished quickly as long as I don't get distracted by something else.

1 comment:

Lizet said...

Hi, I was googling for Northwich yarn shop and stumbled upon your blog :-). Since you are in the neighbourhood (I am in Hartford), do you know if there is any knitter group or so in the area. I was going about to ask in that Northwich yarn shop latly, but they were busy and my DD was feelin sick, so I decided to go home. I would rather have emailed you with this question, but could not find an addy with your profile. So this is not really a comment to your blogpost (alhough I have to agree with you about the window of that yarn shop... very tempting and well chosen colours!), but more an email. If you like to answer, in my profile on my blog is a link to my addy. Kind regards, Lizet.