Thursday, 27 September 2007

Card making


I finally got round to having a mega card making session as the stand at work was looking very bare. I am very pleased that they are selling so well.

I try to make a variety of cards, including birthdays, new home, birth, weddings anniversaries and sympathy as standard and then put in the specials such as Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day etc.

I also try to use a variety of styles to appeal to a larger audience, also so that I don't get bored making them as this is for the long haul, I need to be able to keep making them.
The techniques I use include decoupage, stamping and cross stitch. The cards shown above include decoupage, which is one of my favorite techniques. A lot of the cards I make include flowers of some description as I love flowers. They could be Mulberry paper, silk or paper, made with a punch.
I am now plotting & scheming Christmas cards, I have already got some made but the magazines coming out just now have some different ideas that I will want to try. Watch this space!!!

No comments: