Monday, 3 September 2007

busy,busy,busy

Well!!! It's now September. Where does the time go? It doesn't seem two minutes since we had the last Beaver meeting in July, we'll be back at Beavers next week. I always feel that once the schools have gone back we are on a very fast count down to the end of the year and another New Year.


I've been busy over the weekend. My Daughter Dear, her future Mother-in-law, Cellostitcher, and I went to the Stitch & Creative Craft show at Manchester Central (formerly G-Mex). We really enjoyed it even though Daughter Dear had a bad cold. I felt there was a good mix of stands there, representing a large group of crafts. I felt it was bigger than in previous years although I heard other ladies say they felt it was smaller.


I've found enough a quicker to post photos. At work we have the updated version of my camera and the software is downloaded on the computer so I am able to upload photos from my camera onto that computer and then onto my memory stick. Hey presto, photos to post!




This is the pattern I am using to knit for the 2 nurses that are having babies later on in the year, I am also going to knit it for another nurse's little boy who will be 1 just before Christmas as I didn't knit for her when she was expecting him.





The yarn is Sirdar Denim, the colourway shown is Almond, I am also going to use Walnut and Adriatic.



It is a nice easy pattern that knits quickly. Last night I finished the back and cast on for the front.













I bought new crochet hooks from the show as I was having a lot of problems with pressure on my thumb from the one I was using previously (shown on the left). I have bought these Clover ones and they are much better because they are so much broader and softer.


It is so much more comfortable now, crocheting my little cardi.









I bought this hat pattern as the Oh! Bearded One loves daft hats for walking up mountains in and I thought he might enjoy this one.























I fell in love with this yarn, these Autumn colours really suit me



soooooooooooooooo.................................










I bought this pattern!!















I also feel in love with this yarn.


I am now going to spend some time looking at sock patterns, to choose one for a pair of socks for myself to slouch around in the house in the winter.












Saving the best for last - look what I knitted!!!


A bag - to be felted of course!




I knitted this Saturday evening (what I haven't said, is that I was still knitting at 1am and had to rip it back twice as the shaping wasn't right) I attched the handles yesterday. The yarn is Twilleys of Stamford 'Freedom' and Sunbeam 'Paris' knitted together, bought from Designer knitting yarns who were at the show on Saturday. The bag should have been knitted on 12mm needles but I used 10mm as that is what I had got. I 'felted' it yesterday. I meant to photograph it this morning before I went to work but forgot so photo of finished item to follow once I have put the embellishments on it.


Tomorrow is my 25th Wedding aniversary and we have started getting cards which is really lovely. We are now on the count down to our 'bit of a do' on Saturday, I am really looking forward to it. More on that later in the week.












1 comment:

Cellostitcher said...

Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary. Hope you both had a lovely day and enjoy yourselves on Saturday.

Love the photos of all the knitting.