Monday, 27 August 2007

Yarn, more yarn and books


A cute picture of Molly the cat with Gertie the bear in the conservatory. This is on of Molly's favorite places as it warm, there is under floor heating so she often lies on the floor in there.
It is also a great place for me and my crafting as the light is so good.
On Saturday I went back to the yarn shop in Northwich town centre. J who owns the shop must think I'm mad as I've been in there 3 times in two weeks, twice in 2 days. I feel this shop is excellent, J stocks large range of yarns including Lousie Harding, Jagger and some Rowan. She sells a large range of Sirdar and Patons. This was where I bought my Sublime yarn for the green jumper I'm doing and the pink yarn for my crocheted cardi.
Anyway I went back for the yarn I want to use for Christmas presents. My thinking is that I go back to work tomorrow and we are busy every Saturday during September so I if I bought the yarn I need I can just get on with everything without worring about when I would get to town to buy the yarn. I bought some more Sublime to knit a pair of socks, 2 more lots of Sirdar Denim for the other 2 baby jumpers I want to knit.
On the Saturday morning before I went into town I had been messing about with some 4ply Sirdar Wash & Wear that I have had a while and hadn't used. Earlier in the week I had bought 'Simply Knitting'magazine (I had bought it for the Noah's Ark booklet which is soooooo cute). Also in it is a crocheted throw which I really liked so I had a go doing a couple of squares using the Wash & Wear. At first I thought I wold buy the yarn to do the throw but then I decided that as this Wash & Wear is the right colour to match my bedroom I would use this and just buy contrasting yarn for the borders of the squares so that is what I've done. I now have enough yarn to keep me going to Christmas and beyond.
I have promised myself that I will not start anything else until I have got the scarf and gloves off the needles. I need to finish some things before I start anything else.
When I came out of the yarn shop I went across the road to 'Book works'. I did well in there, I bought 2 books, 'The New Knitting Stitch Library' by Lesley Stanfield which was marked up at £4.99 but when I got to the till it was £3.99 and 'Complete Guide to Knitting & Crochet' by Nicki French. The stitches book has a lot of different stitches in it from the other one I had bought earlier in the week so they compliment each other. The other book has some quite up to date patterns and some nice little things to make as presents.
Yesterday I spent another day messing about with yarn (I got on quite well with the crocheted cardi and I added some rows to the scarf) and today I must do my ironing, not that I've started it yet.

1 comment:

Cellostitcher said...

Sounds like you are going to be busy.

Love the picture of Molly. She looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth!