Thursday, 23 August 2007

Trips out & changes.

We got the car over from Sheffield safely. Son of Mine is thrilled to bits with it and can't wait to start driving it once we'vegot the insurance sorted out. It's making a noise from underneath somewhere (note how technical I am) which will probably will be expensive to repair (aren't they always?) so tomorrow it will be off to have it checked out, then he'll spend all day washing, polishing and vacing it within an inch of it's life. Knowing Son of Mine that will be the first and last time he does it judging on the state of his bedroom.

As I said before the Oh! Bearded One's Aunt is 91, she lives on her own, is physically very fit but her short term memory is quite poor now so we are going to have to keep a close eye on her. She is a bit of a worry as we know she does things like go out and not lock the back door as she scared of not remembering her keys and locking herself out. There is no longer any close family in Sheffield. The Oh! Bearded One's parents are now dead and his sister lives in Cardiff ( she is really good, coming up when she can and staying with Aunt M). I am going to go over in a few weeks to check on her again.

Today it has been my Dad's 72nd birthday and as it was my Mum's 72nd birthday 2 weeks ago we've had a family day out. We have been to Powis Castle near Welshpool in North Wales, a 2 hour drive from here. The weather has been lovely, warm and sunny all day. The garden at Powis is beautiful and I took lots of lovely flower photos which you will see in due course, I wasn't so impressed with the inside of the castle, too much dark wood and dark rooms, not my cup of tea. We had a picnic outdoors which is probably only the second meal we've eaten outdoors this summer.

When we got home we had some good news, Daughter Dear's & boyfriend's (Gromit-he has a certain facial expression that just looks like the character) offer has been accepted on a flat! I am really pleased for her but I will really miss having her around at home (but not the washing). We get on really well and can spend hours on my bed watching TV and chatting. She isn't moving far so I will still see her a lot but things will never be the same and I think it will take me time to adjust but it's part of life's rich pattern and I thank God for what he has done in their lives.

I've only dreamt of knitting today but I did do a few rows of my shawl last night, then I decided I didn't like it as it was so started agai, doing it slightly differently and am much happier with it now.

1 comment:

Cellostitcher said...

Glad you had a lovely day at Powys. I know what you mean about the castle but the grounds are lovely aren't they. Love the name 'Gromit' and it is really good news about the flat although I can imagine you have very mixed feelings because you get on so well with Daughter Dear and will miss her. I am sure you won't get rid of her that easy though!