Wednesday, 29 August 2007

Christmas presents

I am now back at work so the knitting and crochet has slowed down although I have just gone past shaping the armholes on my crocheted cardi.

The scarf I was knitting has been frogged as I don't really like it and I don't now need it as a Christmas present as we not now giving individual presents as we have done in previous years. This was probably my fault in the first place as I started getting presents for the qualified staff I work along side as a thank you for the support they give me in my job role as Deputy Manager. We didn't used to have many qualified staff, we now have a lot and it has got expensive. We are going to put names in a hat, pull a name out and get something for that person to a certain value. This will be better as we will be able to put more thought in for the individual we are buying for.

The other thing we are doing is not giving each other Christmas cards but give the money we would have spent on cards, to a charity like World Vision, to buy an alternative Christmas present for a thrid world country. The nurse that put forward the idea wants to buy a goat!! I am happy with these ideas but it leaves me with a personal dilemma as I still want to say thank you for the support I'm given by the nurses as a team. Any ideas would be most welcome.

I am still going to knit the baby jumpers though.

Apparently I am 26481 on the waiting list for Ravelry, I hope it is worth the wait.

1 comment:

Patsy Jackson said...

What a fab idea for the cards! Much better cause!

Thanks for visiting my blog recently too :)