Sunday, 19 August 2007

A day out, crafting included of course!!


I can't upload knitting pics from camera to computer so until I get my memory card downloaded onto CD at a shop next week (something to do with not being able to download camera software onto computer) I can't show knitting pics so have a flower instead.


Another day of heavy showers and sunshine, yesterday was the same.


The Oh! bearded one, daughter and myself went out yesterday. We went to Bridgemere garden centre which is a big garden centre (quite famous, bus trips are run there) the other side of Nantwich, near the Shropshire border. It's a perfect place for us to go, loads of plants for the Oh! bearded one and a Hobbycraft for daughter and myself, also they sell lots of home accessories so daughter was in her element as she has started collecting things for her 'bottom drawer'. She bought some wooden spoons.

The Oh! bearded one got a few plants for the revamping of the front garden and we got some bits for our card making and scrapbooking. Daughter also got a few bits to go towards Christmas presents for her crafty Mother-in-law, J and her daughter, L. We start early for Christmas in this house, I find it much less stressful if I plan and start shopping early, I really enjoy the season then.

One of the things I bought was a knitting pattern (what a surprise!!) for a baby's and toddler's jacket. At work there are 2 babies to be born just before Christmas and another's first birthday so I thought I would get knitting for them all. The little jacket should be quick to knit as it is in stocking stitch with moss stitch collar, ribs and bands.

On the way back we stopped off at Dagfields which is a Antiques place, antiques in the loosest sense, a lot of the stuff they sell is repro, modern or plain rubbish. Having said that I did rather well, I got a 500grm cone of yarn (very fine, knobbly and multi-coloured) for £4.00 which thought would be ideal for shawl making. Of course I couldn't resist having a go with it last night and it is proving successful, watch this space.

This place also has a second hand book shop and as I am looking for a knitting stitch dictionary, I just had to have a look at the craft books. I didn't get a dictionary but I did get a book about knitted and crocheted lace which is really nice, (some good ideas for little Christmas presents).


Today it is back to sorting out the study!!!

No comments: